Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

I am a runner!

I mentioned in my last post about the C25K program I am doing. Well, I NEVER thought I would actually enjoy running. I mean, in basic training when I had to run, I did it. I didn't enjoy it, but I did it.


Anyhow, I've attempted the C25K program in the past with little success. I found the program on CoolRunning.com and attempted counting the intervals myself. Well, when you are working so hard on running/jogging, counting your time is a little difficult...LOL! One of my wonderful friends mentioned that she was using a podcast and it was working out well for her...so I decided to search iTunes for one. I happened upon Robert Ullrey's podcast and it's working out pretty well for me so far. I'm not a huge fan of the music he uses, but it's got a pretty good beat that keeps you moving.


I started my program on September, 27th and I'm now on week 4. At this time, I am planning on running a 5K here locally in December. I originally wanted to do one in November, but I won't be quite done with my training by then, so I decided against it. But I'm kinda excited about it! That's totally strange, I'm excited about running 3.1 miles....LOL!


I love that there are so many different walking/biking/running trails here in the Falls. And I really love that there's one right across the street from our apartment complex...and it goes all the way to Lake Wichita, which is beautiful!


So stay tuned for more about my running adventures!


Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Ps 27:14

No comments: