Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Meditations ~ Missions

You know, I'm not sure that the words 'mission trip' are found in the Bible . . . but the concept is there . . . and the command. In Matthew 28:19 Jesus says, "Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit." Sure, He was talking to the 12, but are you and I not disciples as well?

I fully and completely believe that some are called to GO and some are called to SEND. At this point in my life, I know that I am not called to go. Okay, so what then? What can I do? What can my family do to participate in this mandate?

We can pray

We can support, financially

We can send.

And we do. Currently we are supporting a dear friend of ours as she completes a call on her life in Vietnam. She will be returning home in July of this year. (Yay for mom and dad!) It has been really heavy on my heart to begin searching for a new missionary to support. But not just one that I pick. One that we all pick . . . Daddy, Big Girl, Angel and me. Someone that we can connect with. Someone that we can pray for.

I'm not sure how we are going to choose, but I know God will be faithful to show our family who He wants us to support . . . and pray for. Would you join us in praying to find our missionary family?

I will update more as God reveals to us His plan! :)

No comments: