Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday Thankfulness ~ My Other Half

Yeah, I know that sounds totally cliche, but really, he does complete me. He is everything I am not. He's my perfect match.

We met through a mutual acquaintance 13 years ago. I was in a failing relationship (looking for a way out) and he was recently separated and almost divorced. When we met, I knew he was the one for me. When we talked, I could see us growing old together. I can't say that it was the same way for him, but hey, God can work with anything . . . LOL! Long story short, we dated for a year, he PCS'ed, I got out of the military and somehow we survived it all. I met his family the day before we married and he finally met mine 4 months later.

I can't say that our life together has been perfect . . . far from it, actually. What I can say is that we have been through a year long separation (thanks Uncle Sam), a couple of deployments, lots of arguing over little things, infidelity, two kids, several moves and many other things. Once we finally figured out (the hard way) that God needed to be at the center of our everything, things got better. Not easier, just better. We went through a refining period both as individuals and as a couple. We are by no means completely refined, but a heck of a lot better than we were.

So, today I thank God for this wonderful person He has blessed me with. This man that I get to wake up next to until the day death separates us. This man that I get to enjoy my life with.

Thanks God . . .

I am a lucky girl!!                                              Photo credit: Howard Timberlake
Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate. Mark 10:9

No comments: