Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Meditations ~ Jesus' Words

Right now, I'm rereading the book of John. I love the gospels because we get to read so many of Jesus' actual words that He spoke while here on earth. That's pretty amazing.

Anyhow, I love how simple, yet profound His words are. Today, we Christians tend to try and complicate the Gospel, when in all actuality, Jesus made it very simple. "Come follow me." "Go back home, your son will live." "This is the only work God wants from you. Believe in the One he has sent."

Some of His other messages are more wordy, but still with a simple concept: Love Me, Love God, Love others. It couldn't get much easier than that. Why do we make it so difficult? Why do we try to pray these ridiculously long prayers when He tells us exactly how to pray? Why do we try to do life on our own instead of leaning on Him?

My prayer for myself is that I get back to the basics with God . . . to try and uncomplicate my relationship with Him.


Jesus replied, “What does the law of Moses say? How do you read it?” The man answered, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” “Right!” Jesus told him. “Do this and you will live!” Luke 10:26-28

No comments: