Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thoughtful Tuesday ~ Mountain vs. Molehill

How many times do we make something of nothing? I know I do . . . and often. Now, I'm not really a worrier about most things, but I tend to have thoughts about worst case scenarios when it comes to my kids. Not sure if I just fear failing them or what. Either way, I hate it . . . it sucks!

Since the move, my Angel has had some behavior issues at school. I know, in the beginning, most of this was a result of the move. She's only 7 and basically had her world turned upside down . . . and her personality doesn't tolerate change very well. So I expected some issues.

Here we are over halfway through the year and she's still coming home almost every week with conduct cuts. (misbehavior) Ok, well, I can't be there the whole day, so I don't know what's going on. Is she really being as bad as it seems? Everyone else (friends, people at church) tells me she's always well behaved and is very sweet . . . basically the opposite of what I'm getting from school. What!?!? She spends 7 hours a day there . . . and I am not ok with her misbehaving there.

What to do? We've punished her, talked to her about it, tried rewards, and still nothing. Finally I got fed up and scheduled a conference, if for nothing else than to see how bad her behavior actually is. Well, that was this morning and, well, apparently I was making a mountain out of a molehill, because the teacher doesn't seem concerned at all. Um ok? Well, I guess we'll just trudge along through the rest of the year and pray for a better personality match for next year.

Such is life, right? :)


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

1 comment:

A. J. McGinty Photography said...

Elaina...I get the same thing from Sky at school...and 4 out of 5 times he'll come home with demerits that I just disregard altogether. You have to pick your battles. And teachers nowadays expect the children to be angels and they nitpicked every little thing they do wrong. They are kids..haha and they aren't going to be perfect 7hours of the day. It's amazing to me...I'll get a note that he got a demerit for taking too long in the bathroom, but he gets into a fistfight and no one lets me know until hours later. Amazing.