Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thoughtful Tuesday ~ Seriously?

Ok, so this post isn't going to be very . . . um . . . well, you be the judge.

I know that when people choose to live a public lifestyle, they are inviting all kinds of stuff into their lives. Stuff like fans, fan mail, critics, hate mail . . . just to name a few. I also know there are people out there I like to call drama magnets. You know them. The ones who, if they can't find any drama to smear all over, they will create some. Yeah, those. I'm not one of them, so I don't really understand the logic behind their thinking.

Ok, take a public figure like, say, Kate Gosselin. I'm not a huge fan of some of the choices she's made, but hey, it's her life, not mine! I began to follow her blog for a while because I thought it was interesting. I mean come on, she's got 8 kids. Nothing is normal with that many people! I also followed it because it kinda gave a glimpse into her human-ness. Sometimes we forget that others are human just like we are.

Anyway, on several of her blog posts, people would talk all kinds of trash! I mean stuff that wasn't even on topic with the blog. It's like they just wanted the whole world to know how much they hated her. Really!?! Can anyone explain this to me? No really, can you? It makes no sense to me. Me personally, when I dislike something, I tend to stay away from it. Um, duh. If something causes dis-ease within me, why would I continue to subject myself to it?

Well, there are a few blogs that I follow now that I love to read. Do I agree with everything the author posts . . . uh, no. But am I going to make sure they (and the rest of the world) know how much I loathe them and the things they write about? Um, no. I would rather stop reading all together and save myself the torture. Wouldn't you? (I'm not saying that I loathe anyone's blog or any person for that matter! It's just a 'for example' kind of thing.)

I would love to hear what you think. But know this, if there are ever any comments posted that I find derogatory (non-constructive) or disparaging in any way, I will NOT approve them. What's the point?

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments: