Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

DONE!!!

So I started a new journey last week. The journey to a better me. I'm not a bad me right now, but there is LOTS of room for improvement. For example...my weight. Growing up, I was not an overweight kid. Actually, I was too thin. I left home and all of the structure that I knew all my life and began to gain weight. My heaviest weight came during a very stressful and emotional time in my life. While my hubby was in Korea for a year, I got up to a whopping 230 pounds. On a 5'4" frame, that's pretty big. Ah, who am I kidding, it was huge. I was in a size 20. Well, I lost some then found some...then lost some again. Lately it seems like I keep losing and finding the same 20 pounds...it just shifts. Well, I'm done...DONE being the fat girl. Done not feeling comfortable in my own skin. Done not being able to wear clothes without an elastic waistband. Done not wearing an entire wardrobe of clothes because they are too small. I'M. JUST. DONE! 


I stumbled upon SparkPeople.com while looking for a recipe calorie calculator. (for the muffins) I began to look around and read lots of inspiring stories. So, I began to track my food and exercise. I was doing ok...and then I stumbled upon another calculator on the site. My original goal was to get down to 170 pounds by my birthday next year...totally doable. Well, yesterday, I plugged my numbers into this calculator and it said I could reach my goal (more or less) by my anniversary...which is 6 months before my birthday! That's when it hit me that this CAN be done. So I set my new goal with a new outlook. All I have to do is lose 1 pound a week.....1 pound! I can do that. I was looking at the total number, which was overwhelming me. Looking at it as 1 pound a week makes it much less intimidating! So, here I go toward a healthier me! Will you join me? Let's renovate our temples!!!


Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 1 Cor 16:9

No comments: