Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

That fateful day...

Everyone is posting all this stuff on FB about what they were doing on 9/11. Well, what I was doing wasn't all that wowing. The hubby was working swings and we were asleep. Oblivious to it all. My mother-in-law called and told us to turn on the TV and kinda half explained what was going on...well, we were still half asleep, so it took a while for it all to sink in. 


We turned on the TV just in time to see the live footage of the 2nd plane crashing into the tower. For the longest time, it seemed like something out of a movie...a bad movie. I couldn't understand how or why someone would do those things to the country I love. No matter how many times they showed the same footage, I still couldn't believe it. 


Well, life as we knew it changed that day...drastically. At the time, we lived on base. We were on virtual lock-down. We couldn't leave the base after a certain hour. It was craziness! I remember many of my non-military friends were calling to make sure we were ok. They sent cards and other trinkets of sentiment to let us know they were praying for us. I just remember feeling so incredibly sad and helpless. I held my toddler so tightly and never wanted to let her go.


So, as you go about your day today, remember all those who died...and their families who were left behind to pick up the pieces and carry on the legacy. Also remember all of those who died before and after that fateful day to give you the freedoms you now have. But most importantly, pray for all of those who are so lost in sin and misguided faith...pray for your enemies today. Pray for America's enemies today...lest we have another day like the one 9 years ago...


I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

No comments: