Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Little of this and that...

Well, I haven't had all that much to write about, hence the no posting. We've just been getting used to our weekly routine. The holiday kinda threw us way off, but we spent the whole day hanging out together. That is what holidays are for!


Anyhow, I've met some really great ladies here. Some were 'introduced' to me by a mutual friend through Facebook before we moved here, others I've met through our church...and one of the people I 'met' before we got here even goes to our church! How awesome is that? Well, God (and some of the aforementioned ladies) is (are) not letting me be shy...not that that's usually an issue with me, but, you know. He's tossing me right in and getting me together with these wonderful women of God...which is the biggest thing I'm missing from A-Town.


The (amazing) Children's Pastor at our church invited me to lunch one day last week. Well, she let me pick...rut roh! We went to a Japanese hibachi/sushi restaurant called Samurai of Tokyo...awesome! She was so stoked when I told her where we were going...LOL! Well, after lunch, we went back to the church and I helped her rearrange a few things in some of the classrooms. Well, spending a while with her, I discovered that she isn't all that technologically savvy...she'll be the first to admit it too! Well, I offered to help her with menial office work once a week. Needless to say, she was more than willing!


Then, I was invited to breakfast at another friend's house. It gave me a great opportunity to get to know her and two other ladies better. It was pretty awesome. I must say that I am slowly beginning to see how God is planning to use me, and I'm excited!


So I guess I did have a lot to write about...kinda...LOL!


Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4

No comments: