Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

God's best gift

While I watched my girls walk into school this morning...something hit me...how incredibly blessed our family is. Hear me out.


My girls are blessed to have one another. They are blessed to have such a close bond. Sure they fight all the time, like siblings do, but when all the arguments are over and the bickering is cast aside, they love each other. They protect one another. I am so glad they have each other. I have some great siblings myself. While I'm not as close to them as my girls are to one another, I am still blessed to have them. I don't think I could imagine either of my girls being an only child. They compliment one another. They each bring something new and different to our lives. I am grateful that they have such a bond. It sure has come in handy with this move. They are one another's only playmate right now. They are one another's only friend. It warms my heart to know that they will never be alone in life. They will have God, and one another.


I also am blessed in this. I have two amazingly smart, beautiful, talented, lovable, individual daughters. God sure knew what He was doing when He placed each of them in our lives. I'm not too sure I would know what to do with a son, but a daughter I can do! They bring so much to my life daily. Sometimes they drive me crazy, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am becoming the person God created me to be by being their mother. I just pray that I am blessing them as much as they bless me.


Don't you see that children are God's best gift? the fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Ps 127:3 MSG

No comments: