Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Foodie Friday ~ Eating Out

We used to be that family that practically lived at McDonalds. I mean, we ate there so much that my girls' toybox was literally overflowing with Happy Meal toys. Now, however, not so much. I'm not sure why we stopped eating fast food or even at sit down restaurants so frequently, but you won't hear me complaining.

For one thing, our budget is saying a big ole, THANK YOU! For another, my waistline (while not shrinking as much as I'd like) says thanks too! But most of all, my heart says thanks.

Not my actual beating-in-my-chest heart, but my other heart. Sitting around the dinner table with my family every almost every night has done so much for our family. It has brought us closer to one another and to God. I couldn't ask for more . . . except for maybe a personal chef to do the cooking once in a while. Ha!

Besides the heart healing, it eases my mind that I know what is going into our food . . . because I put it there. We haven't quite gotten to the point that I make all of our breads and other miscellaneous ingredients, but we are slowly moving to that point. (Maybe I'll look into doing some container gardening this summer)

How about you? How often do you and your families eat out? Is that something that you'd rather do more or less of? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:35,37

2 comments:

Denise said...

Your back patio would be awesome for container gardening. It gets a good amount of sun and you can use the railings to grow vertically. :)

Crazy Mom said...

If you have any tips about container gardening . . . I'm all ears! :)