Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Foodie Friday ~ Freezer Breakfasts

As much my girls love cold cereal, I'm sure they get sick of eating it every morning. This is why when I make pancakes, I usually make a double batch and put some in the freezer for quick other-than-cereal breakfasts on school mornings. This doesn't cost me much extra time or money . . . which makes me happy. I mean, have you seen the price of a box of 12 pancakes at the store? The off brand costs $2, Lord knows what the name brand costs these days!

The girls also love French Toast . . . and French Toast sticks. So, whenever I go to the Mrs. Baird's Thrift Store, I pick up a few loaves of Texas Toast. I usually take a couple of hours on a Saturday and make those loaves into French Toast. Again, it doesn't cost me much extra time or money . . . whoop! Here are some pictures from the last time I made French Toast.


After I make them, I cut each slice into thirds.
After they are all done, I put them on a cookie sheet and into the freezer they go. Once they are frozen solid, I put them in a zipper bag, and viola! The girls have a quick, cheap non-cereal breakfast!

Anyone have other go to non-cereal breakfast ideas you'd like to share?

On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made. 1 Corinthians 16:2

2 comments:

Denise said...

We don't eat a lot of cereal around here. It's pricey and my boys go through it quick. I usually make eggs every morning. It's pretty quick and they'll eat it. I feel good knowing they are getting some protein in and not just a ton of carbs/sugar. :) I make pancakes & waffles a lot. Usually huge batches like you and I freeze them. I haven't done that in a while, though. I guess I should get on it. :)


Oh, I'm stealing your 'Foodie Friday' to replace my 'Freezer Friday'. :)

Crazy Mom said...

Thanks for the tips Denise!

Oh and steal away my friend. :)