Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thoughtful Tuesday ~ Life

There are days in my life when it feels like I'm living in the middle of a reality TV show. And there are days I wish I were. Not for the celebrity factor . . . no, for the documentation factor. You see, I have seen too many times how quickly our memories can fade when we age . . . and I don't want to forget this wonderful life I'm living.

Just yesterday, as I was dropping my girls off at school, I experienced an all too familiar situation. They kissed me and bid me farewell for the day and I sat and watched them walk into the school. No big, right? Watching my Angel walk into that big school by herself (they used to walk in together, but now I guess she's big enough to do it herself *tear*) I realized that she's not a little girl any more. She has grown so much. I said aloud, "She's getting so big." Big Girl was still in the car and just kinda shrugged it off. I said to her, "And you are practically an adult already." She just smiled and walked off . . . unaware of the emotions I was experiencing.

So on my drive home, God and I had a little heart to heart. I asked Him, "Why does it have to go so fast?" He ever so gently reminded me that this life is not the one that is most important. He reminded me that this time with them as children is precious, yes, but more importantly, crucial. Crucial to their success as adults. Success in what? Being workers and harvesters for the Kingdom! It is my job, my calling if you will, to raise them up to fear the Lord and to make Him their #1 priority. My job is to lay the foundation . . . and He will do the rest.

I only hope that my job thus far laying their foundation is good enough to stand the test. I cannot know the answer to that. I can only trust that I am doing what He has called me to do, as their mother. Today, He tells me I'm doing fine . . . just the confirmation I needed. Thanks God . . .

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. Psalm 42:1

No comments: