Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday Thankfulness ~ Shelter

You know, as much as I want to (and do) complain about our crappy, drafty windows and our front door you can see light through (when it's closed), I'm thankful for them. I'm thankful that we are so blessed and have a roof over our heads. We have a heater that works. We have an electric blanket. We have a wood burning fireplace.
Even though our cold water pipes in the kitchen have frozen, we still have water. Even though I know the bill is going to be ridiculous, we still have electricity.

I can't help but think of all those out there who don't have running water that can freeze, electricity that can get shut off, windows and doors that shut or a roof that can keep them from the elements. My family and I pray for them often . . . but especially now.

Thanks God . . .

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

No comments: