Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thoughtful Tuesday ~ Perspective


Beautiful view, yes? I think so, but I was also raised on the coast. Now take a look at this one . . .


Not quite as breathtaking, I know.

Want to know the interesting thing about these two pictures? Well, I was sitting in the same exact spot while taking them both . . . just facing a different direction. With a different perspective.

That got me thinking . . . when we are in the middle of a trial, we (me included) often focus on things that make the situation seem endlessly horrible. God whispered to me that that is not how He wants us to be. Jesus did not promise us a peachy keen life once we became His followers . . . quite the opposite actually. He did say that He would never leave us, He would always be right by our sides.

Having experienced a bit of 'life' myself, I have learned from experience how changing one's perspective can seriously change so many things . . . for example, the seeming severity and duration of a trial. If we can only take our eyes off of all the negative things, and focus our eyes on Jesus, things will fall into place . . . like they are supposed to. Does this mean life won't be hard? Uh, no, but if we are focused on the right thing person, it won't really matter all that much . . . especially when we look back on it.

Think about it . . .

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

No comments: