Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday Meditations ~ Love

What is love? No really . . . what is love? Is it some feeling you get when that someone special looks at you that way? Is it that feeling between a parent and a child? Well, yes it's all those things and more.

Love can be summed up into one simple yet profound statement . . . God is love. It even says so in the Bible. Check out 1 John 4:8.

Ok, so what to do with that? Well, He wants us to be more like Him . . . to love like Him. That's a toughie though. I mean, He sent His only Son to die on the cross for you and I . . . because He loved us. I'm not sure I could sentence my child to die because I love someone.

So, on this Valentine's day . . . let us all try to remember what love really is . . . and Who it came from. As you celebrate the loves in your life, try not to forget the most important Love . . . God.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

No comments: