Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Jesus ROCKS!

So yesterday I mentioned that we are moving....here's some more on that.

Let's start at the beginning...just over 11 years ago, we moved to Abilene. I'm gonna be completely honest with you and say that I HATED it here for the first 3 years. Then, I found my faith and a great church and it started getting better. So fast forward 3 years and we strayed away from the church and God, but Abilene had so grown on us that we were ok with sticking around. Fast forward another 2 years, and God called us to our current church home, New Hope. The moment I walked in the doors, I knew I was home. Looking back, I can see why God called us to NHC. Our marriage nearly fell apart and the body of New Hope was there to help us put the pieces back together. Now, we are blessed to be 'leaders' (I really don't consider myself such, but apparently He does!) helping other families find their way in this maze of life. And obviously, we LOVE Abilene and the family that we have made here...

Fast forward to about a month ago. My hubby comes home and informs me that we have orders to Wichita Falls...not a big move, but still a move from the city we love. In our search to hear the Lord's will in this, we have been praying about, well, everything! What to do with the house, when to go, what area of town to live in...etc. The Lord has been FAITHFUL to answer all of our questions. Literally, within 2 days of finding out about our orders, the Lord provided a renter for our house as an answer to the 'what to do with the house' question. This was confirmed about 5-6 times, so I decided, ok God, what's the next step? Ok, so we decided to get settled before school starts so it's not crazy town in the Thompson house...well no more than usual anyway. :) So that answered the when question. Where, was the next one to be answered. This is the super crazy part! We began to search for apartments/townhomes over the internet shortly after having our first question answered. After reading many reviews of the schools in the area, we decided on a certain part of town. During our search for homes, I continued to land on the same complex. I contacted several and this particular complex was very prompt and thorough with their response. They had EXACTLY what we were looking for. Here's the crazy part....the unit that we felt was right, NEVER comes available. There are only a handful of them and once people move in, they don't want to move out! Well, it just so happens that one of the units is going to be vacated in August. The current tenant is military also and has orders to Germany. And to make things even better, we only had to put a small fee down instead of a deposit! So, needless to say, we did so and now have a beautiful place to live...which just happens to be right in front of one of the pools and the fitness center...and no one can snatch it out from underneath us! PTL!!!

Ok, now the most important thing about this move...a church home. Rewind back to this past Sunday. I really began to feel a burden for the city of Wichita Falls...and I mean really. It almost brought me to my knees it was so intense. Well, while we were in town today, we stopped at the 2 churches our current pastor recommended. I was the only one to go into the first church...the hubby didn't really feel compelled to. (That was my first clue) I was greeted in the office by one of the staff pastors and he gathered some information for me and showed me around the church building. Can I just say that the facility is GORGEOUS!! But, throughout the entire tour, I really didn't feel a huge connection with the church. (that was my second) We stopped at the second church and we went in as a family. I was in awe by the size of this church!!! We were greeted by the Children's Pastor (very warmly I might add) and we proceeded to tell her who we were and what we were looking for. I mentioned our current pastor and she just about came out of her chair! She knows him and has worked with him. She greeted our children and seems genuinely excited to get to know them. She took us on a tour of the facility and WOW is it huge. All the while she was talking to us like she had known us our whole lives. She told us all about the different ministries in the church and was even transparent about which ones needed extra attention and love. The whole time we walked around with her, I completely felt 'at home' if you will. Both Stacy and I left with an excitement that I just can't explain! So, we will attend both churches once we get up there and listen for God to tell us which one He wants us to plug in to. I'm really getting excited about the work He has for us! :) But at the same time, I am sad to have to leave here... :(



For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jer 29:11-12

No comments: