Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Menu Planning

I've always had really good intentions to plan (and stick to that plan) meals. Usually it just doesn't work out. I don't know if I just get lazy and don't want to cook, or if I don't plan enough ahead. Well, I decided that I was going to plan and stick to a plan for the past week. One reason is I have a ton of stuff in the freezer that I need to get rid of before we move and well, the budget for the summer is another. I have done pretty well. There was only one night that I just didn't feel like cooking and got pizza for the family. 


Anyway...one of my favorite choices for this week's menu was French Bread Pizza. I didn't follow a recipe, just checked a few to see how long to bake them. Easy recipe and a super hit with the family!


1-2 loaves of French Bread
1/2-1 c. pizza sauce (I used jarred, but you can make your own)
1/2-1 8-oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
pepperoni or any other toppings you like :)


Cut the loaf or loaves in half lengthwise. Spread sauce on each half of the unbaked bread. Sprinkle with cheese and toppings. Bake at 350* for 10 minutes. Enjoy!


These were so yummy! The bread was really crispy.


*This could also be done in the toaster oven if you have one and don't want to heat the house up. :)

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thess. 3:3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! Want to know a pizza sauce secret? It's cheaper to buy a can of seasoned tomato paste or sauce. You can spice it up if you like, we don't always. I get the Italian one or the garlic and oregano. Less junk in it too!

Crazy Mom said...

Next time I will definitely make my own, I just wasn't sure if it was going to be a hit with the fam or not, so I didn't want to put so much work into it. I will try your suggestion tho!