Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mysterious Disappearings

So Sunday, I pulled my car out of the garage to get ready to go to church. I took my keys with me when I got out in order to lock the house. Well, about 5-10 minutes later, we were ready to walk out the door. Well, somehow, some way my keys were gone. I mean gone. I looked everywhere. I re-traced my steps...the whole 9. Thank God I have a spare car key. We went to church, then to the State Park with friends. Well, we got home about 6 and still no keys. (we took the hubby's car) I was searching the house, and my car, for the keys...still nothing. While I was looking in one part of the house, my lovely husband found my keys....on the dresser. On the dresser?? I don't even recall going anywhere near the dresser. Oh well, we found the keys!

We got a couple of audio books from the library to listen to on the way to WF the other day. The sound quality in the car was too poor to listen to them. Well, I loaded one of them onto my iTunes to listen to on my iPod. (we don't have any CD players in the house that work) I listened to the book while deep cleaning my kitchen. I got through most of the book before I fell asleep that night, but couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I continued the rest of the book after coming home from the State Park Sunday. Well, the other one is the second in the series so, naturally, I was eager to listen to it. My hubby took it from the suitcase and put it on the shelf in the living room. I know, because I saw it there the day before. Well, I go to said shelf to retrieve the discs and they are gone. I once again go on a mad search around the house for the discs, but alas, I still cannot find them. Grrr...I'm praying I do, and soon, because I really don't want to have to pay for them.

I received a text Monday morning from a good friend saying that she has misplaced and cannot find something important. Well, lemme tell ya, I'm pretty convinced that this is just the enemy's latest attempt at keeping us distracted...and thus ineffective for the Kingdom. Well, Mr. devil....I'm here to tell you that it's not going to work. Jesus is bigger than a few lost things! We shall prevail!!! (and find all the lost things too!)

UPDATE: After I wrote this, I was determined to find that audio book...my hunny found it...under our bed? How it got there I have no clue...but we found it!!!

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tony locked his key in the car today at hastings... he's never done that before! Luckily I brought my keys too!