Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Change your focus...

As I've stated before, my Big Girl's birthday is soon. I decided to celebrate her and the things I love about her not only on her special day, but also the 10 days leading up to it. Get it? 11 days, 11 years old? Well, I have learned a few things through this process.


1. I've got a pretty fantastic kid. No really...she's smart, beautiful, funny, kind and most importantly, loves Jesus with all her heart! Who could ask for better!?!


2. I've got a bit of work to do to be the mom she needs me to be...I'm not trying to be negative, but I know there's much room for improvement...and I'm ready to work for it.


3. It's really hard to focus on negative things when you are looking for positive, good traits about someone. While thinking on things that I love about my Big Girl, I find nearly impossible to get irritated, annoyed or angry with her about the few things in her that aren't so positive. (not negative, just not the most positive)


I challenge you to try intentionally focusing on positive things/traits about a person with whom a relationship is not easy. Write something about the person each day and see if your focus doesn't change and the relationship becomes easier...and more pleasurable...for both parties.


Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

3 comments:

Mommy and Me Giveaways said...

Hi, I'm from Bloggy Moms! I followed you and grabbed your button, please do the same for me: http://www.mommyandmegiveaways.com
Thanks!

Brea said...

Hi! New follower here. This post was just what I needed. :)

Brea
www.becomingbrea.com

Predictable Me said...

I am your newest follower from Bloggy MOms. Please visit my page and follow back at http://grandmasamazingjourney.blogspot.com