Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Foodie Friday ~ Inventory

After reading some really great blog posts this week, I was inspired to do some inventorying. (Does that look like a strange word to anyone else but me?) I started with my pantry, because, let's face it, it was much less daunting than the freezer(s). Then, after a short (ok long) break, I tackled both of the freezers. What I found surprised me a bit. I mean, I knew I had lots of meats in there, but enough meats to cook 28, yes 28, dinners for my family of 4!?! Well, looks like I will be cooking from my freezer for at least this pay period. Which is a good thing, considering there aren't that many good sales on meat this week.


But what to cook? Not really sure on that one yet. I want to try to step outside the box a little bit and try some new recipes that are not only healthy, but tasty, too! So, my goal for today is to find at least 5 new recipes to try in the next couple of weeks. I've got to finish today so I can make my list and head to the grocery store tomorrow. If anyone has suggestions, please feel free to comment. :)


Here are some pictures of the 'after' of both the freezers. Didn't get a before because I just thought of it. Maybe next time. :)


Much more room now!
Lots 'o room and I know what's in there!
Do you hear an echo, echo, echo?


Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister. 1 John 4:20-21

No comments: