Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hanger Tags ~ Craft

One thing that makes our lives easier is picking out school clothes for the entire week. We try to do this on Sunday evening. Closet space is a precious commodity, so trying to keep the clothes separated is difficult. I had an idea a few weeks ago to make some tags to label each day's outfit. Paper wouldn't last long enough (not with my kids anyway) and I tried laminating it with clear contact paper. It could have worked except the paper curled...grrr. So I thought...hmmm, let's look at the craft store and see what we can find. They had door hanger kits, but there were only 9 in a package (I needed 10) and the foam was too thick. For the same price however, there was a package of 40 (thinner) foam sheets. I also found some sticky glittery letters. Well, with the combination of those and a few other items, we came up with this.


Finished Product
If you are interested, here's how we made them.


Step 1: choose your colors and cut each foam sheet in to 3 equal-ish parts.
They don't have to be perfect

Step 2: take one of the 3 sections and cut it in half.
Again, perfection isn't the point.
Step 3: find some circular object and trace around it to make the hole that the hangers will go through.
I found that pen works better than pencil
Cut out the circle
Step 4: decorate as you please. My girls had a blast doing this part :)
My Big Girl


My Angel
They had such a blast, I think they'll be more excited to sort their school clothes for the week. Hope y'all like it!


“So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.” Galatians 5:16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this!! I may do it for the sections of the girls closet - tops, bottoms, dresses, outfits, etc.