Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday Thankfulness ~ Jesus

With this being my first 'thankful' post, I think it's only appropriate that it be the thing I'm most thankful for. My best friend...my hope...my joy...my Redeemer...my Savior...my Jesus. Boy, would I be an even bigger mess without Him...and I'm a pretty big mess right now.


While taking my girls to school this morning, we were listening to KLOVE. The news came on and there was lots of talk about the memorial service for those who lost their lives in the terrible shooting in AZ. Now, I don't normally listen to or watch the news because it usually makes me angry. Some of the things that make the news just appall me. And others, I wonder to myself, "How is this news?" Mostly, it just saddens me. It saddens me how much the enemy has perverted the world. It saddens me to see how many lost people there are out there. But at the same time, it brings a bit of gratefulness and thankfulness.


I'm grateful and thankful that I am no longer lost like many in the world. I'm thankful that Jesus came and met me where I was...and didn't leave me there. I'm grateful for the reminder of what He's done for me. It warms my heart to hear stories of others' triumph over sin in their lives.


After dropping the girls, the DJ's were doing a 'Headline of Your Life' segment and were taking calls from listeners. There was one in particular that moved me to tears. This caller (just so happened to?) called from Arizona. Her headline was something along the lines of...had the privilege to pray with her 78 year old mother to receive Christ as her Savior and Lord. I'm not kidding you, it moved me to tears...I was crying like a baby! (still am, actually) I love that the Lord knows just what I need. He didn't want me stewing on all those things wrong with the world. He didn't want me to be angry about the things on the news. He wants me to live a life focused on Him...so, He redirected me with this caller's headline.


Thanks God...


"that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5:19-20

No comments: