Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Availability

I've been hearing A LOT lately about being available for the Lord to use me. I think I've heard about 3-4 sermons in the last few months about this very thing. And each one seems to have been tailor made for me. So I've been thinking, why? Why does it feel like every time someone talks about being available, they are talking directly to me? Well, probably because GOD is talking directly to me...through one of His servants. So, now that I realize this, what to do with it? Well, make myself available of course. But how? In a town where I know 2 people besides my own family...how? Be myself. Plain and simple. I know, from experience and the Lord telling me, that He works best through me when I am myself. A genuine, loving, caring, generous people person. That means that I'm gonna have to step outside of my comfort zone and meet people...eek. Those moms that are standing on the school grounds. (who all seem to already know one another) People at the grocery store. People in my apartment complex. Whoever the Lord leads me to talk to. I'm willing to do this, but I'm so scared. I know most of you think that I'm this person who has no problem talking to anyone...well, that's half-way true. I am truly intimidated to talk to people I don't know. Why? Maybe because I think they will judge me. Maybe I think they won't like me. I don't know, but I'm at the point right now that, I don't really care what I feel. -- I have been sent here by the Creator of the universe to show His love to His people. And there are SO MANY here who are hurting and need His love...they just don't know it yet, but I can see it. He has shown me. -- But it still scares the junk out of me.


I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. Ps 116:1-2

No comments: