Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The true test...

So, here it is Sunday. We are 150 miles away from our church home. The church home that helped us rebuild our marriage after it nearly fell apart. It's slightly daunting to think about walking into a church where I know no one...that no one knows me. No one knows our story, our history, our testimony. We are visiting a church this morning that our pastor recommended, so I know it's a good one. I know he loves us enough to send us to a great church...but it's still so hard.


I know the Lord is stretching us in this process. Stretching us for what, I don't know. We are going to walk in with an open mind, open hearts and open ears. We are seeking the place that we will call our church home during this 3 year 'mission trip' in Wichita Falls. We are listening to what the Lord will say about each church we will visit. We will only stay at the church He tells us.


We want to use the talents and gifts You have given us, Lord. Show us where you want us to go! Amen!


He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Romans 8:32

No comments: