Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Recipe

So tonight I did some pantry cooking. That's where I take whatever is in the pantry and mix it with some meat and...BAM...there's dinner. Here's what I threw together tonight. My family enjoyed it!


I'm calling it Pasta Bake (I'm sure it's been done before)


1 - 1.5 lb. ground beef (cooked)
1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (can use the seasoned kind if you like)
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce (again, you can use the seasoned kind)
cooked penne pasta (I'm not a measuring kind of girl...I use 1 fistful per person +1)
4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
seasoning to taste


Boil your pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes. Brown your ground beef. Combine beef, pasta, sauce and tomatoes in a 9X13 baking dish. Season to taste. (I used Italian seasoning, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper) Top with cheese and bake for 10 minutes. Serves 6-8


This was so tasty, I think it will be a regular on our menu! And my family didn't mind the chunks of tomatoes either...and none of them like tomatoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy :)