Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

A new and better leaf

I decided when we found out we had orders that I would try to be a better wife, mother and housekeeper.  I'm not a bad wife or mother, but I want to be better. Those of you who know me well, know I'm not the best housekeeper. Now, I wake with my husband and read the Word and pray with him. Then I get the girls started with their day and do a devo with them. In between, I have some personal prayer/Word time...nothing better! And even though there are still lots of boxes laying around, the house is picked up. I've gotten the girls started with 'chore charts' if you will, which is getting them started on the right road. They have done great with them! Angel's room is spotless and Big Girl's is way better than it would be without the daily routine. I've put things away where they belong...and they are staying there too! I have gone to bed every night with a clean kitchen...which is HUGE! I've kept up with the laundry...partly because I don't have anywhere to store piles of dirty laundry and partly from the new routine.


I have to say, I'm really digging this new routine and I hope to keep it going...forever. I have found that I have so much more time to do the things I want to do. Once the girls go back to school, I am going to throw some exercising into that new routine. I mean, the fitness center is just steps from my door. Why wouldn't I? Here's to turning over a new leaf and starting down the path toward health! Blessings y'all!


By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

No comments: