Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

From the same mold

I'm not sure if it's the military wife thing, or if it's the Jesus thing, but my friends and I are all cut with the same mold. Let me explain...


My last blog post wasn't the happiest. I'm sure to some it sounded like I was whining. To others, it may have sounded like a cry for help before things got too bad. And for others, well, it resonated with them...took them back to a time when they felt the same way, and they sympathized with me. It was not meant for any of those things...it was just meant for me to be able to get the junk that was festering on the inside out...somehow.


Well, today is my birthday. I turned 32. No big deal, just another day, just another year. No really, I'm not really big on celebrating my birthday. Well, the hubs and kids were up before me and decided to make homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Nice idea, but it didn't really pan out...so we have cinnamon rolls for dessert tonight! :) Anyhow, we were all just chilling around the house, me in my PJ's and the kids just lounging. Well, next thing I know, I hear a knock on my door...odd. We don't know many people here, and I didn't call anyone to come over for anything. So I look through the peep hole and who do I see? One of my best friends from A-town. Talk about a surprise!! Apparently she and my hubby were planning this since last night...sneaks! Anyhow, she brought me some 'friend plants' and said that we were going to get a pedicure. I gave her a little tour of our apartment, and off we went...well once I changed into 'out in public' clothes.


So we went and got pedicures and just spent the day hanging out. It was exactly what I needed. I'm not sure if she will ever know just how much today meant to me. Even if we hadn't left my apartment and just lounged all day, she was here. She cared enough to drive 150 miles to make sure I wasn't lonely. I must say, it was the best birthday present I have ever received...ever. Thanks D!


There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

No comments: