Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sometimes you just know

There are many times in our lives when we experience something and we just know if it's God's will for us or not. Take for example, our church home in A-town. We had backslidden a little bit and I knew we were supposed to go back, but I was pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be back to the same church we were at before. Well, I have this friend who was always inviting me to special events at her church, and on Sunday's too. She kept on and on and on and on...well you get the picture. Finally, just to stop the invites, I decided to go on a Sunday morning. (The hubs was deployed at the time.) Needless to say the moment I walked in the door, I knew I was home. No question. I felt welcomed the moment I walked in the door. The worship was great, the Word was spot on and there were lots of people that I knew. There was a great degree of comfort there. 


I feel that when we are walking in the will of God, it will just feel right. And on the opposite end, when we are not walking in the will of God, we will know it. (Me personally, I get a knot in the pit of my stomach that won't go away) Now, sometimes the things God will ask us to do are uncomfortable, but there is still a sense of peace and comfort as we walk those things out. You know? Like this move...I mean come on. What's comfortable about a move? But the entire time we've been walking through this, I can sense God all over it. There is a peace.


Well, in our search for a church home here in the Falls, we toured a couple of churches that were recommended by our pastor. We attended one last Sunday and the other last night. It's amazing to me the difference I felt in my spirit. Not that one church was 'better' than the other, just one is the church for us and the other is not. Now I know that we haven't really seen what either church is really about, but I'm pretty positive I know which will be our church home for the next 3 years. More to come later as we hear definitively from God.


Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. Romans 12:4-5

No comments: