Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

O Happy Day!

Today was a pretty great day! We went to church, and they were having a special event called 'Kickoff Sunday.' Quite similar to what many churches do around this time of year. Summer's over, school is starting and people are beginning to go back to church. (people as a whole that is, we never stopped) Summer tends to be a time of low attendance for most churches. Anyhow...the church service today consisted of showcasing the different ministries and giving out awards to volunteers of the different ministries. I'm fairly certain that our attending on this Sunday was no coincidence. Let me explain...


I know that God is calling me back to the youth ministry. My hubby has a great desire to serve in the media ministry. Today, we were able to see what this church was all about...and all the different people who were passionate about the different ministries. We got to see the heart of the people in this church. I think that is important to know whether or not you fit in.


I am happy to say that I know, we know, that this is where God is calling us. Evangel Temple will be our church home for the duration of our time in the Falls. During our first visit on Wed, we were welcomed with open arms by everyone we encountered. The class we attended was full of real people, just like you and I...and these people were full of the love of God. You could just see it. Today, we found out that this church is passionate about the same things we are passionate about. These are real people...who love God.


I am looking forward to serving the kingdom, the community and my Lord with these people. I am grateful that the Lord spoke so clearly to us about this major decision. Be blessed everyone!


There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galations 3:28

No comments: